Relevant studies with Bachelor of Science degree 2.8 or better
- The prerequisite for admission is the completion of a relevant course of study which has been successfully completed with a Bachelor of Science degree or a comparable professional qualification.
- Applicants with a final grade or a preliminary final grade of 2.8 or better are suitable.
- Admission to the 1-year variant (MBIO1) requires a relevant course of study with a standard period of study of at least 8 semesters.
- Access to the 2-year variant (MBIO2) is open to graduates of a relevant degree programme with a standard period of study of at least 6 semesters.
- Relevant to the subject is a course of study at a German or foreign university which fulfils the following criteria
- at least 80 credit points in basic biological modules in the fields of expertise: Organismic biology, cell biology, microbiology, genetics, Molecular biology, physiology
- at least 30 credit points in basic science, whereby the following compartments must be covered: chemistry, physics and mathematics
- at least one third of the studies should be completed in the form of laboratory internships
- Bachelor thesis with a scope of at least 10 credit points
If the applicant's grades are based on a different grading scale than the five-level grading scale commonly used at German universities, the applicant's grades will be converted accordingly.
The application can also be made if the Bachelor's programme has not yet been completed, but it is very likely that the applicant will graduate before the planned start of the Master's programme (150/180 credit points or 210/240 credit points) and this can be proven by appropriate evidence.
Proof of English language skills
- TOEFL (min.90 iBT)
- IELTS (6.5 or better)
- Cambridge Certficate in Advanced English (CAE)
- Graduated from a full-time English-speaking university in the USA, Canada, UK, Austarlien, New Zealand.